KAMPALA, Uganda (AP) — Ugandan opposition figure Bobi Wine is urging the international community to back up concerns over the country’s disputed elections with “strong actions.” Wine, who is contesting his loss to long-time Ugandan leader Yoweri Museveni in last month’s presidential elections, told reporters that he hopes “the world will stand with the people of Uganda.” “Gen. Museveni, like all dictators, is not moved by words,” said Wine, a 38-year-old singer and lawmaker whose real name is Kyagulanyi Ssentamu. He spoke via video link from his house on the outskirts of the Ugandan capital, Kampala, where he said he effectively remains under house arrest. “We hope that there will be more action following the strongly worded statements.”
View Comments Kaufman, who is stepping in a few days earlier than initially announced, will make his Broadway debut in the Stephen Schwartz tuner. He was crowned the winner of the sixth season of the NBC hit in May, having been coached by Grammy winner Usher. The Voice victor Josh Kaufman enters the Broadway big top on October 31 as the titular prince in Pippin. He takes over for Kyle Dean Massey, who will find his corner of the sky on the road in the national tour. Kaufman will play a limited engagement through January 4, 2015 at the Music Box Theatre. Pippin With a score by Schwartz and a book by Roger O. Hirson, Pippin tells the story of a young prince searching for his corner of the sky. In addition to Kaufman, the current cast includes Carly Hughes, Lucie Arnaz, John Dossett, Charlotte d’Amboise and Rachel Bay Jones. Show Closed This production ended its run on Jan. 4, 2015 Related Shows
(April Sorrow is a news editor with the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.) By April SorrowUniversity of GeorgiaAs the holiday season approaches, homes will soon be filled with family and friends. Thanksgiving is a few weeks away, but planning now can make the big day less hectic. “Preparing meals for a perfect holiday can be stressful, but deciding on menu items that can be safely prepared ahead and stored safely until needed can help you have a safer and more relaxing holiday meal,” said Judy Harrison, a food safety specialist with University of Georgia Cooperative Extension.To help you prepare and stay on schedule, the Partnership for Food Safety Education provides a timeline.Two weeks aheadConfirm your guest list at least two weeks before Thanksgiving. With the list in mind, decide on the menu. Select a few recipes that can be safely stored and served at room temperature to avoid an overloaded oven or stove. Ask guests to bring an appetizer, side dish or dessert. If you have freezer space, purchase the turkey in advance and store it. Plan on about a pound per person. Check your food thermometer to make sure it’s calibrated and works. If you plan to deep-fry, smoke or grill the turkey, check the equipment beforehand. Plan an alternative cooking method in case the weather keeps you indoors. Purchase the oil, wood chips or charcoal.One week aheadDetermine how long the turkey will take to thaw. Calculate 24 hours of refrigerator thaw time for each 4.5 pounds of frozen turkey, or three and a half days for a 16-pound turkey. Place the frozen turkey, in the original wrapper, in a two-inch deep roasting pan in the refrigerator. Thaw the turkey with the breast down so the juices will flow into it. A thawed turkey can stay in the refrigerator for up to two days. Two days aheadMake pumpkin pies and cheesecake. Refrigerate desserts with custard-like ingredients. Pie crusts can be made ahead and baked the night before. Assemble casseroles. Sweet potato or green bean casseroles can be stored uncooked in the refrigerator and baked on Thanksgiving. For homemade stuffing, cook, cut and cube bread and place it in a single layer on a baking pan to dry.One day aheadMake sure the turkey is thawed. If not, use a cold-water method to speed the process. Remove the giblets and wing tips from the turkey and cook giblet turkey broth to use with the stuffing, dressing or gravy. Keep the turkey refrigerated at 40 degrees or colder until ready to cook.Buy salad greens and perishable vegetables. Wash, trim and cut vegetables on a clean cutting board. Wrap in damp paper towels and place in sealable plastic bags in the refrigerator.Complete any remaining baking. Cover and store fruit pies at room temperature.Celebration dayPrepare stuffing for the turkey or for baking. Stuff the turkey loosely, allowing about three-quarters cup of stuffing per pound of turkey. Place extra stuffing in a baking dish and bake in the oven. After stuffing turkey, place it in a preheated oven at 325 degrees. Use a food thermometer to check the internal temperatures of the turkey and dressing. A whole turkey should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees. Check the temperature in the innermost part of the thigh and wing and the thickest part of the breast. The stuffing should reach 165 degrees, too, whether cooked inside the bird or in a separate dish. Put a foil tent over the turkey and allow it to rest for 25 minutes before carving.Make gravy. Preheat the gravy bowl with hot water so the gravy will stay hot. Begin cooking fresh vegetables one hour before the turkey is done. Boil and mash potatoes. Consider holding the warm mashed potatoes in a slow cooker. Remove cold desserts from the refrigerator and allow them to become room temperature.After the meal, place all leftovers into small portions and store in shallow containers in the refrigerator. Perishable foods should not stay in the temperature danger zone (between 40 degrees and 140 degrees) for more than two hours. The complete holiday checklist is available at www.holidayfoodsafety.org or at the Partnership for Food Safety Education’s Facebook Web page.
Trail Days 2013 in Damascus, Va., was an awesome time, despite the rainy weather and hiker parade accident. Best of luck to all the current thru-hikers: keep on keepin’ on baby.
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Suffolk County police are investigating a pair of armed home invasions in the Huntington area, including one in which a gunman shot and wounded a dog last week, authorities said.Two masked men entered a home on Magerus Street in South Huntington and fired a gunshot through the door of a bedroom where a victim ran to hide at 8:36 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 29, police said.The victim was not injured, but a dog was shot. The dog was taken to a local veterinarian where it was treated for its wound. It is unclear what was stolen.In the second case, a man armed with what appeared to be a handgun entered a home on Bardwell Lane in Huntington and stole jewelry and money at 1:10 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 31, police said. The victim was not injured in that case.There were neither any arrests nor descriptions of the suspects in either case. Second Squad detectives are continuing the investigations.
Journalists Mirjana Žugec – Pavičić, Eduard Kišić, Željko Žutelija, Vesna Jurić Rukavina and Branko Uvodić are the winners of the FEST award – a prestigious international award given by the European Federation of Tourist Journalists (FEST) at the suggestion of the International Association of Tourist Journalists and Writers in Tourism (FIJET) . Žugec – Pavičić, Kišić and Žutelija are members of the HND Tourist Journalists’ Association.Mirjana Žugec – Pavičić, journalists and editors on the Second Program of Croatian Radio and Glas Hrvatske (HRT – HR), the award was presented for exceptional contribution to journalism, especially for radio expression in travel journalism, for professionalism and creativity. Eduard Kišić, journalist and editor of HRT Rijeka, was awarded for his exceptional contribution to Radio – TV journalism, tourist journalism and FIJET activities. Journalist and publicist Željko Žutelija received an award for special contribution to the high standards of Croatian journalism. Branko Uvodić, HRT’s editor and presenter was awarded for excellence in the overall presentation of the beauty and richness of Croatian traditional heritage and culture. Vesna Juric Rukavina, editor, publicist and journalist received an award for outstanding contribution to journalism, especially travel writing.The awards were given to them on November 10.11.2017, 2016. in Solin, during the International Festival of Tourism, Film, Landscape (INTERSTAS), the International Tourist Film Festival (ITF’CRO) and the Croatian Cities and Places Competition for the GOLDEN FLOWER OF EUROPE and Dr. “Lucija Čikeš” (KEA – CRO ‘XNUMX) .Congratulations to all nominated and awarded journalists and colleagues.
Google Linkedin LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Log in with your social account The omnibus bill on job creation would scrap requirements for foreign workers in start-ups to obtain written permits, a move seen by businesses as an effort to help bridge the country’s skills gap.The sweeping bill states that foreign workers must get written permits except for members of boards of directors and commissioners, diplomatic and consular staff, those working at start-ups, in professional training, on business visits, doing research for a short period or doing machine maintenance for production in emergency situations.A presidential regulation would be issued to regulate certain positions and service periods to be fulfilled by the foreign workers.Meanwhile, the current Labor Law stipulates that only diplomatic and consular staff are exempted from getting the written permits.Read also: Key points of labor reform in omnibus bill on job creation: What we kn… Topics : foreign-workers expatriate start-up labor-reform omnibus-bill job-creation digital-economy idEA shinta-kamdani McKinsey-Company Facebook Forgot Password ?
RELATED: Stockland teamed up accredited Feng Shui consultant Derelle Ball, of Centaine Consultants, and Urban Play to create the one-of-a-kind inclusive park at their Pallara development.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus15 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market15 hours agoStockland Residential acting Queensland general manager David Laner said the event aims to connect the community.“This will be an opportunity for families to relax, meet each other and enjoy a range of free entertainment marking an important cultural celebration,” Mr Laner said. “With some of the best builders in the state showcasing their work at the Pallara Display Village, the Diwali festival will make a great morning out for all ages.” “We are excited to showcase a wide range of Bollywood dance styles for the Diwali celebrations at Pallara,” Miss Lam said. “It is so energetic and intricate, there truly will be something for everyone to enjoy.” Developer applies Feng Shui principles to playground >>FOLLOW THOMAS MORGAN ON TWITTER<< Stockland Pallara’s display village will host stalls and events for families to celebrate the Hindu Festival of Lights, known as Diwali, traditionally celebrated in October and November.Diwali celebrates the triumph of light over darkness, hoping to inspire others to enlighten themselves to defeat ignorance and to let hope wash away despair.The event at Stockland Pallara, just 19km from Brisbane’s CBD, will be held between 10am and noon on Saturday, November 10. He said the event was the first of six which would be held across summer to celebrate the season.A highlight of the Diwali Festival this weekend would be Bollywood dancing sessions, which will be made free for anyone to dance along to in their 20-minute classes.Brisbane-based company Dance Masala’s director Andrea Lam, who will be at the event, said the day would provide a great opportunity for the community to learn something new.MORE: Family embraces apartment lifestyle Jetsons house of tomorrow Bollywood dancers will be out in full force on Saturday, as one of southeast Queensland’s latest developments kicks off a season of celebration.BOLLYWOOD dancers will be out in full force on Saturday, as one of southeast Queensland’s latest developments kicks off a season of celebration.
A charming cottage at 25 Dudgeon Drive, Tallebudgera, has sold for $1.16 million.A COUNTRY-style cottage holds the record price for its Tallebudgera street, but its most recent sale was not what bumped it into the top spot.The acreage property at 25 Dudgeon Drive recently fetched $1.16 million — $75,000 more than the street’s second highest sale.However, property records show it is not the highest price ever paid for a house on the street as the same residence changed hands for $1.21 million in May last year.While it sold at a loss, it has maintained its top position. MORE NEWS: Development heavyweight’s family mansion up for grabs again An interstate family secured the keys. MORE NEWS: Millionaire selling ‘rarely utilised’ beachfront pad Despite selling at a loss, it is still the streets priciest property.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa10 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day agoLJ Hooker Burleigh Heads agent John Fischer said an urgent move for work meant the vendors were willing to sell the property for less than they paid a year earlier when the market was at its peak.Despite the lower sale price, he said interest was at an all-time high.Mr Fischer sold the property last year and said the number of house hunters flocking to it this time around was similar.“I had a huge amount of interest again, we had 150 groups through in the month and a bit (it was on the market),” he said.“There was no shortage of offers either.” He said activity was heating up ahead of the highly anticipated spring selling season.“It was a fairly slow start for the first (half) of the year but it’s starting to warm up again now,” he said. It is described as a “doll house.”Mr Fischer, who marketed the property with Matthew Manby, said its charming Federation-inspired design and location in a popular estate made it particularly appealing to prospective buyers.A family from interstate will call it home.“They moved to Australia three years ago and they’re making the move up from Sydney to have a simpler life,” he said.“It’s just the picture perfect little doll house.” Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:22Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:22 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels576p576p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenAndrew Winter’s spring selling tips01:23 The four-bedroom house last sold for $1.21 million in 2018.
LifeNews 28 June 2018Family First Comment: What a refreshing contrast to the previous President, and to the alternate candidate Hillary Clinton!“We all have a duty to defend the most basic and fundamental human right — the right to life. As President I am dedicated to protecting the lives of every American including the unborn.” President Donald Trump.www.ChooseLife.nzPresident Donald Trump today issued a letter to the National to Life Committee as hundreds of pro-life advocates gather to open its national convention today in Kansas City.In his letter to the pro-life advocates, President Trump made it clear that he believes unborn children have a fundamental right to life.“We all have a duty to defend the most basic and fundamental human right — the right to life. As President I am dedicated to protecting the lives of every American including the unborn,” Trump wrote.The President also defended his pro-life record talking about the accomplishments he has made sense being elected president. Some of those accomplishments include defunding the international Planned Parenthood abortion business as well as signing legislation to make it easier for states to defund the abortion giant. He has also redirected taxpayer funds from the abortion company’s sex-ed programs to legitimate women’s health centers.“Since my first day in office I have taken concrete actions to defend the right to life. One of the first actions I took as President was to reinstate the Mexico City policy to ensure the taxpayer dollars are not used to fund organizations that perform abortions in foreign countries. I also signed into law legislation that allows states to prioritize how they spend their family planning grant money, giving States the choice to withhold taxpayer funding from organizations that perform abortions. Further, last month my Administration proposed updates to the regulations governing the Title X Family Planning program in order to improve Women’s Health and ensure that federal funds are not used to fund the abortion industry in violation of law.”READ MORE: http://www.lifenews.com/2018/06/28/president-donald-trump-unborn-babies-have-a-basic-and-fundamental-human-right-the-right-to-life/